Sunday, October 17, 2010

Vicodin and Visitors and Car Rides

This weekend I've been so blessed with visitors taking time out of their day to just come over and spend from a few minutes to a few hours with me.  Each one of those mean SO much to me. I know that vicodine doesn't make me the most interesting of all the people you could visit, but I truly appreciate it.  

Another thing I did this weekend was go to St. Vincent to an informational meeting about how to avoid lymphedema (swelling of the arm after a lymphnode dissection).  The meeting was very educational.  I learned that I have to stay at a healthy weight, wear a fitted sleeve on airplaines, and not get my blood pressure taken in that arm.   I also learned that any cut or scrape on my left arm can very quickly become infected because the lack of lymphnodes.  The meeting was great.  Getting to the meeting/coming home was a different story.  The vicodine makes car rides VERY unpleasant.  For future reference, if you sometimes feel car sick do not ride in a car and take vicodine at the same time.  I decided to deal with a little more pain today so that I didn't have that problem.

Overall I am feeling better each day. Hopefully this coming week I will be sleeping less and doing much more.  

Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers! 

I hope that you all have a wonderful week!!
Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment