So...11 hours until I get this drain out of my side! WOOHOO!!! :) I'm down to 20 cc/day which is way below what I had to be to get it out. We made this doctors appt at the perfect time. It will be such a relief to have it out and hopefully I will be able to start some of the more "challenging" exercises (such as lifting my arm STRAIGHT up into the air...its harder than you think).
This weekend has been a lot of fun. I had a few visitors that were able to distract me from the decisions I'll have to make soon...and I'm almost over my cold. :) My family also carved pumpkins today and I had SO much fun seeing all the kids dressed up for Halloween.
I'm feeling pretty good and have a lot more energy since my cold has gone away. I'm still nervous about the decision. I feel that I've basically made up my mind to do the treatment, but not everyone in the family is so sure. There are so many side effects and the long term effects aren't known yet. My only reasoning is I feel like I have to do SOMETHING. I cannot just let myself sit and wait and the interferon is the only option I have right now. I know the treatment will be rough but I feel like its worth it if it gives me a better chance of either postponing a reaccurance or stopping one completely. We may still get another opinion to see if there are any other treatment options if the doctor can get me in within the next week, maybe two. If not I need to start the interferon soon so that when the month of high dose is over I can go back to school. One good thing we found out about interferon is that if for some reason I react horribly with it I can stop whenever needed. That's comforting to know.
(Although I feel I have made my mind up there is still a chance of a change in plans so don't think of this as the final answer. I still don't know yet)
I love you all and thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers.
Get excited for no more drain! :)