Thursday, October 14, 2010

Clean!

Today (gross I know) I washed my hair for the first time since Monday!! Ahhhhh  It feels SO wonderful and clean!!! :)  With this drain in it is not easy to shower or wash your hair so I when a dear friend came over to visit, I roped her into helping me wash my hair in the kitchen sink.  WHAT A FRIEND! She also brought her guitar here and we sang worship songs together.  It brought me to tears singing together praising Him.  I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend the afternoon.
I'm getting better at stripping the tube and measuring the fluids. It has now changed from a reddish color to more yellow, which is a good sign...not as much bleeding.  This is the first day I've spent without my parents home.  It is very humbling realizing how much I have to rely on people right now to do the smallest things, like lift something or even open my medicine bottle.   So far today I've only taken one vicodin at a time instead of two.  That is helping me stay a bit more awake and alert.  The pain is still there, but its getting more bearable.

I want to thank everyone for all the letters, messages, visits, meals, prayers, thoughts, ect.   anything and everything you have done for my family.  We feel SO blessed.

Sending love and thanks
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment