Thursday, September 30, 2010

New Results

I had a WONDERFUL day.  I was able to go and visit with family that live out of town. They are so great! We made some very special cookies. :) I also got to visit with people in town and eat the last piece of my birthday pie!
Later today I also found out the results of the genetic test. Not the news I hoped for but its news, I learned that I will need to have surgery (the complete lymph node dissection under the left arm). I will know the exact date tomorrow, but it will be sometime late next week or early the following week.

I have lots of mixed emotions about the whole thing.  I started off "knowing" that this is what needed to be done, then maybe not, then yes, then no, now yes, for sure.  Recently I have had a lot of time thinking I wouldn't need it so I planned other things to keep myself busy. It's extremely hard to have those plans taken away again but not impossible.  One great thing is that I can tell I am growing through all this.  I am not nearly as upset about this as I was the last change of plans even though it was for the "better plan".  I'm hopeful for the future and am so thankful that we finally have an answer.


I'm going to take this one step at a time. And pray.  As this all is happening my favorite verse has come to be Philipians  4: 6-7 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
I tend to be a worrier and this verse is a daily reminder that worrying will do nothing but prayer gives me peace, peace "which exceeds anything we can understand"! What a huge gift.


I love you all! Peace and Blessings!
Rachel





No comments:

Post a Comment