Friday, September 17, 2010

Ups and Downs

Still no new updates.  My mom was told by one of the doctors to stop calling as much so we have no confirmation that the slides have been sent out, but supposedly they were supposed to be off to Northwestern by today.

Today was rough.  Lots of ups and downs. It was one of the first days I've cried in a while, but I also got to see and talk to a bunch of people I've missed very much which was GREAT!  Its hard staying home with no schedule and I can't really come up with a schedule until I get the results back and decide what we are going to do.  I'm starting to feel like I sit around waiting for a phone call or text or a reason to get up and check my email or facebook.  Someway to feel connected and not as alone. I know that everyone has their own lives with school and work and I feel like I can't always interrupt those things. I need something to do too.  I'm hoping this next week goes by a little bit quicker than this week so I can find out the results and get the rest of my semester in order.

I hope that didn't sound like I'm not thankful for the time I get with everyone and the phone calls and texts. I am SO thankful for them and I don't know what I would do without them.  I just don't want my life to run around everyone else's schedule. I want my own schedule. I hope that makes sense and doesn't sound too selfish.

Thank you again for all your love and support!
Lots of love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment