Monday, September 13, 2010

Curveball!!! IMPORTANT: Please Read

I have not been at home the past 5 days, so I guess this has all been going on. My parents, wanting to let me enjoy my time away, decided to keep this to themselves.  I don't really know how to write all this, I don't even know what to think. Its all very confusing.  Anyway...Long story short, the past 5 days the second opinion doctor has said that I don't need the surgery.  Today my surgeon just got the pathology report (in the mail instead of fax) from the second opinion doctor telling him to "postpone the surgery".  Because he sent this my surgeon cannot legally do the surgery. I WILL NOT BE HAVING THE SURGERY.  IT IS POSTPONED.  The second opinion doctor also told us that he was sending the slides to Northwestern to do the genetic testing a week ago when we went to Chicago.  He failed to send those slides so we still do not have the report from that.  He claims to be sending them tomorrow. We'll see.... We spoke to the pathologist at Northwestern and he said that once he gets the slides he will know more, but he said that if the test comes out negative I will probably not have the full surgery, but another biopsy type surgery to test the other lymphodes around it before we do a full lymphnode dissection. If it comes out positive I will still get the surgery, just later.  I'm not going to tell you a date that all of this will be figured out because so far the doctors have been extremely unreliable and I feel like the date will be wrong anyway.  Just a reminder if anyone asks, I am NOT having the surgery on Tuesday September 14th.
I am feeling overwhelmed, frustrated, and annoyed with the doctors lack of communication and their lack of ability to follow through with anything they have told us.  If I need the surgery, I want it as soon as possible. If I don't need it I want to know now so that I can figure out what the rest of this semester is going to look like.
I guess it is a good thing we are going through all of this if I don't need the surgery or don't need as big of a surgery.  Its just all a bit ridiculous that this keeps happening.

I'll let you know as soon as we hear something new.  I'm sorry for all of this confusion.
Please keep my whole family in your prayers. This has been the hardest emotional rollercoaster we've ever gone through.
I love you and thank you all for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment