Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thank Goodness for Medicine!

I pray that I will never have a night like last night again. (Sorry, not going to sugar coat this one) At about 10, when I was going to bed, I started getting the chills along with a throbbing headache that made me dizzy, and aches in my joints.  I was dressed in a t-shirt, sweatshirt, shorts, sweatpants, and thick fuzzy socks with 2 thick comforter blankets on my bed.  I still felt like I was outside in 20 degree weather with a t-shirt and shorts on.  I have never shook that much before.  With the throbbing pain in my head and joints plus the severe chills, I cried myself to sleep hoping that it would all just go away.  After about 45 minutes of the chills I finally started to slowly warm up.  I woke up around 11:45 and was not shaking anymore. The headache was still throbbing and joints aching when I woke up at 12:30, 1:50, and 3:30.  It finally slowed down to a dull ache by 5:30.  I had a fever when I woke up at 8:30 and it has continued through the morning.  My head still hurts but its not throbbing and I don't have the chills anymore.

I can't believe the difference between the first night with it and last night.  Its amazing how much the preventative medicine helps in keeping the side effects at a minimum.  I cannot wait until this surgery is over so that I can drink water, eat, and take that medicine!

I met a woman yesterday who started the interferon the same time that I did (on Monday).  She is wonderful.  She said that she's been praying for me at night when she is going through the side effects. We are kind of bonded in a way. I'll pray for her at night during the worst of the side effects and she prays for me.  Then we swap stories when we come in the next day.  I'm glad that God put her into my life.

One thing that I've learned through this is that even though I may have had a rough night, I'm not the only one.  I'm thankful for all the support I have and want to ask you to pray for others going through this as well.

With love and thanks
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment