Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Another Decision Made

My family and I have decided for me to go through with the interferon treatment.  I made the appointment to start the treatment Monday November 15th.  I will have blood work done tomorrow, a pre-interferon Dr. appt on Thursday, my physical therapy appt Friday, and then start the treatment on Monday.  Busy busy busy... I am extremely relieved to have made a decision.  I also feel that I've made the right one.  A wonderful peace came over me once it was final.  I now know that I am doing everything possible to ensure the best outcome for my future. No matter what happens I can feel certain that there was nothing more I could have done.
The interferon will start at 3:40 on Monday.  The infusion will last for about an hour.  I will go to the hospital Monday through Friday at 3:40 for a month.  I get the weekends off. :) The usual symptoms are flu-like, such as fever, chills, aches and pains, and chronic fatigue.  How severe these symptoms will be depends on how my body reacts, each person is different, so only time will tell. I am really nervous to start, but I'm definitely more scared to not start.
The good thing about starting to soon is that I will be done with 3 weeks before going back to school.  That will give me time to recover before going back.  I CAN'T WAIT! :) :)
I'll keep you updated on all the appointments.

Love you all!
God is Good

No comments:

Post a Comment