Saturday, November 27, 2010

Half way there!

After having skipped the interferon on Wednesday and Thursday, I felt great on Thanksgiving and most of the day Friday! :) My Thanksgiving was wonderful.  My aunt and uncle from my mom's side came over for lunch and we visited and watched football games the rest of the day.  We are having Thanksgiving on my dad's side of the family tonight. :)

Friday I went in for treatment at noon.  They told us it would take a bit of extra time because they were going to do some blood tests to make sure my liver count had gone down and my blood pressure was back to normal.  We got the blood tests back within a half hour and they found that my liver count had gone down but is still higher than it should be.  The doctor decided to cut my dosage in half so now instead of 34 million units I'm getting 17 million units.  I'm also supposed to try and hold off the prescription medicine and tylonol because of my liver.  I did take a tylonol last night because I was getting a headache and was feeling achy all over.  It helped and I felt good the rest of the night.  I even felt well enough to go to a friends house and then have people over at my house.  It was great seeing everyone!  :) I'm hoping the lower dosage will mean less severe side effects!

This week was much easier than last week and I'm feeling extremely thankful for that.  My family and friends make up such a fantastic support system.  Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers!  This semester I've had SO much to be thankful for. I can definitely see God working though this situation in my life and in other's.

With Love and Thanks
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment