Monday, November 15, 2010

Getting Ready

I still haven't quite wrapped my mind around the fact that starting at 3:40 today I will be feeling the effects of this treatment. Its weird to know that although I feel just fine right now, tonight I will most likely have a fever AND I'm consciously putting medicine in my body that will cause it.  I've made sure I have tylonol for tonight and plenty of water to keep by my bedside. (Water is supposed to help flush the interferon out..lessen the side effects)  I'm not as nervous as you might think (praise God!), but I'm definitely feeling the stress on my body starting to set in.  I got a pretty bad headache while driving home from IU and haven't felt like eating much.  When leaving IU I was in desperate need for some comforting and I got just that. :) comforted by a song. "Our God is Healer, awesome in power....and if our God is with us then what can stand against"  I have a Healer who has the power to stand up against ANYTHING. What an encouraging and comforting thought!

I'm still very sure of my decision to go through with this even though the unknown is scary.  I have such an awesome group of people supporting me and I'm excited to tell everyone how WELL I'm doing once this starts. :)  I'm still planning on taking walks or running or swimming everyday.  I'm excited to get to know the nurses and the other people I'll be spending my hour with each day.

OH! and the thing I called a "push" what they will be putting in so they don't have to find a vein in my arm each day, is actually called a port.  Sorry for giving you the wrong information!

I love you all SO very much and cannot thank you enough for the thought and prayers!
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment