Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fear of needles is gone

Today I went to physical therapy then to the hospital for the second interferon injection.  My physical therapy is going well.  My range of motion gets better and better each time.  Hopefully I'll be pain free soon.  At the hospital I was able to inject myself for the first time.  I washed my hands, then rubbed the alcohol swab on my stomach, waited for my skin to dry, pinched my stomach, stuck myself, let go of the skin, and injected the interferon.  I'll be such a pro by the end of this.  One nice thing about these injections is my fear of needles has been eliminated. I can also can tell a difference in my energy level already.  Instead of going to bed around 9:30 or 10 and getting up between 8:30 and 9 (10-11 hours of sleep) I wasn't tired until 11 and was wide awake at 7:30 this morning (8 1/2 hours!)  That's more reasonable for a college student's schedule.

I'm still feeing good tonight, took some tylonol before the injections, but the true test comes once the tylonol wears off.

Thank you so much for your love and support!
Love always
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment