Saturday, August 28, 2010

I'm Radioactive!

This morning I went to get a brain MRI and a full body PET scan.  I was a little nervous because I sometimes get claustrophobic.  Getting these results would let me know whether or not any cancer had spread to any other part of my body.  It is a little scary knowing that there is a possibility that it could, but I was encouraged by my oncologist saying that he "didn't want to get my hopes up, but would be very surprised to see any cancer in these two tests".  Keeping my fingers crossed.  The brain MRI was not as bad as I thought :) I got to wear earphones and goggles that let me watch tv!  It was pretty great and the half hour flew by, though the machine was still VERY noisy.  Before the PET scan was the exciting time where I became radioactive... The lady giving me the injection made sure to tell me that I must be at least two arms length distance away from kids younger than 16 when I left.  I thought that was pretty entertaining. 

After the tests, I came home, went to church and was offered an opportunity to work with the youth group (so excited!), then came back to IU for the weekend.  I'm staying at AGD and am loving it.  Its almost making it harder knowing that I won't be able to stay all semester, but at least I'm getting a chance to see all the girls.  Everyone makes me smile and laugh.  I love it. 

Lastly, I found out from my dad today that there was a prayer line sent from people at his work to people all the way across the country....I was speechless and got tears in my eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment